christmas

Saturday, November 20, 2010

All's well that ends well!

I had a most terrible experience tonight.  I went to Lowe's to buy some paint with Scott and Elle.  After we were through picking out our paint (blue for my bedroom, purple for Emma's bedroom and BLACK (yes I wrote black) for Elle's bedroom, I have to choose my battles with Elle and I figure that a black bedroom is not going to be the end of the world and if it brings Elle some joy then why not, I mean after all it is just paint). 

Okay so back to my most horrible terrible night.  After trying to find my wallet to pay for my purchase and not being able to find it anywhere in my purse I gave up and Scott paid for it.  (Now let me clarify, my purse is not my mothers purse, she carries everything, I mean everything in her purse including the kitchen sink.  My mom could never find what she was looking for in her purse because it was such a mess and disorganized.  This effected me as a child, always seeing my mom get flustered about not being able to find her check book or her keys or her sunglasses or her mind....)  So tonight when I couldn't find my wallet it really bothered me.  I started to reflect back to last time I saw it. I know I had it when I went to close on the house because I had to produce my drivers license and I knew I had it later that day because I just knew.  So what happened to it between then and at Lowe's?  As I gave this some real thought I realized I left my purse unattended in the cart while I was picking out my paint colors.  No it couldn't have been stolen!  After I got home I dumped my purse out to give it one more look through (just in case) but to no avail.  After becoming distraught and searching through the house in every conceivable place I could have placed it I finally decided that yes it was in fact stolen.  I just couldn't believe that some person out there would actually steel from another person.  I was so disappointed in humanity.  I dialed up my bank and notified them what happened and had my card cancelled.  I then was about to make another call to another bank when Scott walked in the house with my wallet!  He found it in the car  I was driving yesterday.  Thank goodness, humanity is good after all!

I am grateful for Scott who found my wallet.

1 comment:

Michele Marriott said...

Holy Hannah, Krys!! I can't imagine losing or having my wallet stolen. I'm so glad it worked out for you. I also cannot wait to see the black bedroom. You rock :)