I always knew Tanner would go on a mission. He started out as a five year old telling me that he would go on a mission if he could go to Colorado (he realized that Colorado was only a skip away from Utah). When he was about seven he said he would go on a mission if he could serve in the western part of the United States. Even then he was a huge mamma's boy and didn't want to be to far from me. When he was around 10 he said he would serve any where in the USA. Finally when he turned twelve he told me he wanted to go to the other side of the world. He no longer had a fear of being far away from me. Tanner will now be serving in the Boston MA Cambodian speaking mission. I am so proud of my little boy who at the age of 5 told me that he would only go on a mission if he could go to Colorado. I will miss him lots but I wouldn't have it any other way!
I am grateful for the friends that came to support us as a family with Tanner in the temple. Today is one of my favorite days of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment