Christmas was filled with fun and love (can you tell by Elle's face how much love she feels?) We didn't get up until 9:30am and then I finished wrapping and filling stockings before I even awoke the kids. There are some really nice things about the kids growing up...no more 5:30 am Christmas mornings!
That afternoon around 4:00 Grandma and Grandpa arrived in the Minnesota COLD.
It was the best gift of the day!
That evening we held our Christmas pageant. It was one to remember. I started it out by reciting a poem called "The Snow Flake", the girls did a dance to some Korean boy band (this is their newest obsession, at least Elle is growing out of Emo, Emma has grown out of pirates...I wonder how long the Korean Boy Band phase will last?????)
Grandpa and Grandma each told stories of their ancestors. Grandpa told about his Great x4 Grandmother Hannah and Grandma told about her Great x3 Grandmother Emma Kathrine (yes Emma Kate is her name sake) they both made huge sacrifices to join the church and care for their families as Hannah came across the ocean and traveled across the plains to settle in Utah leaving England, she had to leave her youngest child in England when she choose to join the church and Emma had to raise her three grandchildren at the age of 65 after their parents both died 6 months apart.
Scott gave a reading from Luke sharing with us the story of Christ's birth. I love that story. I wish I could have been one of the shepherds who had the great privilege of witnessing the angel declaring great tidings of joy when Jesus was born.
The missionaries joined us and shared a beautiful song of the season.
Finally Tanner ended the night with a rendition of "The Cremation of Sam McGee". He had memorized all verses and it was AMAZING! I am going to miss this wonderful son of mine!
Today was a great day too! Tanner and Elle both got to speak in church today. Elle gave a talk on Christmas spirit and what it means to her. Tanner's topic was on taking the name of Jesus Christ and what that means. If you have never had a chance to hear Tanner speak you are missing out! Heavenly Father truly has blessed him with this wonderful talent.
P.S. Someone told me today that my mom was a character...and now they know where I get it from....I am not sure how I feel about this....
I love my mom and I am grateful for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment