christmas

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What a wonderful night...Not really

I wonder if you all panic when you don't get that email from me telling you that I have written yet another very interesting post.  I want to calm all your fears because I know that you think that I slipped on the ice on my long steep drive way yesterday and had to go to the hospital.  Just get that thought out of your head because it just isn't true.  What happened to cause me not to write my post for yesterday then you ask? 

I went upstairs to get ready for bed last night around 8:30 with every intention of returning to my computer but as I saw my nice soft bed and a Resses Peanut Butter Cup sitting on my night stand I decided to crawl into bed and eat my treat and read my Harry Potter 7 book for a few minutes....20 minutes later I was sound asleep!  So there you have it.  No emergency...you can all give a collective sigh of relief, on three.  Ready...one, two, three SIGH.

What started out to be a wonderful night of sleep ended up a bit of a nightmare.  Probably around 2am I was awoken by Elle's voice.  She was trying to tell her dad that she was sick. (I am not sure why she was telling Scott this because he is about the least sympathetic person in the world when he is sleeping at night)  I woke to hear Scott tell her "Go back to bed" without an once of compassion.  I said to Elle what is wrong and she said that her tummy hurt.  I asked her if she felt like throwing up and she wasn't sure.  (oh I hate when kids say that, how can you not know if you feel like you are going to throw up??)  I told her to come to my side of the bed and lay down by me.  She got into bed (which left me in the middle next to a big man (that I love dearly, I might add) who is like a huge log in the middle of the night, he doesn't budge for anything even is his wife is trying to push him over a few inches to make room for another large adult size person (remember Elle is now as tall as me! She is no longer my cute little 5 year old who sucks her thumb, but instead a big grown woman size person that has a face full of teenage zits).  As Elle crawled into bed with me she was shivering and just not feeling good.  I began stroking her head.  She was all tense and you could tell every muscle in her body was tight.  I told her to relax and tried to warm her.  Finally after a half hour of this she asked me to say a prayer.  As I lay there and we prayed to Heavenly Father I could literally feel her body melt into mine as she finally relaxed.  It was very tender and then with in 2 minutes she was sound asleep.

So there you have it Elle asleep on one side of me and my big log of a husband asleep on the other side.  I was stuck in the middle!  I didn't sleep another wink all night as I was totally squished and couldn't move even an inch!  Good thing I got a couple of hours of sleep before Elle became sick.

Well I hope you enjoyed my story from last night...I will blog again tonight for today.

I am grateful that my prayers are answered. 

No comments: