christmas

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Car Problems

So tonight is going to be a quickie.  I am going to go drop dead into bed in about two minutes.  That is how long it will take for me to wash my face. 

I had a good day of unpacking yet some more things (I think I will be unpacking for about 6 months).  I worked on house stuff for a few hours and then got ready to go to the church to help with our annual LDS Stake Nativity activity.  This is a huge event where more then 200 nativities go on display for two days with lots of local community holiday music and wonderful deserts.  This is open to the whole community and about 2,000 people attend.  I was in a hurry to get to the church to help with this event and just as I got to the top of the hill by my house my car stopped!  I didn't have my cell phone or a coat.  I had my nice dress boots and I was in nice slacks.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I knew I couldn't walk back down the hill to my house because I would just slip and slide all the way down probably on my butt.  So I hiked my body a couple of blocks to a neighbors house that I know from my ward and hoped that she was home.  Luckily for me she was.  I called Scott and had him come get me we went and tried to start the car (no luck) so he had to push me out of the middle of the road.  To make a very long story a little shorter...I made it to my church obligation 45 minutes late, I decided never to leave the house again without a phone and probably it would be a good idea in Minnesota that I didn't leave the house in the winter without my coat either.  Scott and Tanner were able to later get the car started and things should be good....we will see...I have this strange feeling that I may be writing a blog this week about how my car broke down leaving me stranded again!

I am grateful for neighbors who let me into their home on cold Minnesota days.

No comments: