christmas

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Barbies Forever...Not!

Tonight is one of those nights when I am not sure what I want to blog about. My mind is wondering and I am not very focused. Emma’s Europe trip is fast approaching and before I know it I will be sending her off across the world to learn and grow. I am excited for her. We had a People to People meeting today and it was very informative. I know it costs an arm and a leg but this organization really knows what they are doing and I am reassured that she will be very well taken care of on this adventure. The logistics of taking 40 students on this kind of trip is overwhelming. Elle still is insistent on living in a boarding school but for now the furthest she is going is to girls camp this summer and I am the adult leader going with my ward so I feel pretty good about that. She has been putting a lot of pressure on Scott and I about allowing her to get a face book account. I have been able to hold my ground so far and resist all the pressuring but it is getting difficult. I just don’t think it is a very safe situation for my 12 year old to have the opportunity to become friends with every Tom, Dick and Harry that she comes across and wants to be friends with. She just doesn’t understand the danger that is out there. I just wish she would understand why we feel there is such a danger and be okay with waiting until she is a little bit more mature. Why do kids want to grow up so fast now? I was still playing with Barbies when I was 12! I wish Elle would just slow down!
I am grateful to feel the wonderful sunshine on my face today!

No comments: