christmas

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tanner where are you?

I have gone through a range of emotions today. I awoke today at 7am to read the news and find that there had been an earthquake in Chili, which also triggered a tsunami warning for Hawaii. Now I know that you all are aware that Tanner is living there. I had the urge to give him a call and warn him and just hear his voice but I also knew that it was 3am there and he was sleeping soundly. The news said that officials would be sounding a warning at 6am so I just expressed my great worry to Scott and he of course told me that all would be well. To my relief we finally talked to him later in the afternoon and were reassured that everything was fine. Scott and I had both tried to contact him without any response. It was a little frustrating to have a desire to hear from him and not be able to do that.

It is hard on a parent when your kids are so far away and in dangers way. Maybe this is how our Heavenly Father feels about each of us. He knows we are in harm’s way as we are tempted by Satan each day and wants us to call Him (pray) to stay in touch with Him. He wants us to turn to Him for help but unless we contact Him there is nothing He can do. My advice is that we should all get down on our knees tonight and touch bases with our Heavenly Father, he is waiting for us to call and tell Him all is well.

I am grateful that Tanner is safe.

No comments: