christmas

Friday, February 26, 2010

Shhhh, Mother is sleeping!

Back in the day when I had the energy to be a mom!

Friday!! I love Friday nights because I don’t have to worry about putting my kids to bed at a decent hour. Usually (every night really) Emma puts herself to bed at a good time (about 9:30 pm sometimes as early at 8 pm). Emma is the type of child that knows her limits and sleep is something that she cherishes greatly. I don’t know what she is going to do once she becomes a mom and is up all night with hungry babies or sick kids. I wish her luck! Elle on the other hand wants to stay up all night long. If I don’t make Elle go to bed she will stay up for hours on the computer or reading. I know there have been many nights when I think she has gone to bed but instead she has stayed up all night long reading. To tell you the truth I use to be much better in my younger years as a mom in enforcing my kids bedtime. I am now just a worn out mom, I no longer have the energy to deal with putting Elle to bed. I am beginning to see how a person’s parenting styles can change so much with time. Sometimes it is because you have figured out a better way to parent, become more patient, maybe you understand that you don’t have to follow all the rules that all those parenting books tell you about but sometimes it is because you are just too tired to do it anymore. I hope Elle turns out okay…because I know there are many nights when I am sound asleep and she is wide awake reading a book she just cannot put down and I am nowhere in sight to make her do it.
I am grateful to be a mother. 

No comments: