So here I sit on a Sabath Sunday morning. Up for early morning meetings and now I find that I have a couple of hours before church. So I decided to blog. I am not sure what to express this morning...except I just remembered something. After I got home from the movie last night Elle had a request of me. She wanted to discuss if she can go live at a boarding school. She had all her talking points ready for me to overcome all of my objections. She is really disliking school right now and is really feeling the need to get out of her school situation. She wants to learn more about world history and greek mythology. Her choice for boarding school is in the UK. I told her that I wasn't going to send my 12 year old across the world for some other person to raise her. I don't think she cared though. I can tell this is something she is not going to give up on. I have a feeling Elle will be doing a semester abroad some time in her future but for now my 12 year old is going no where.
I am grateful for Elle she always keeps me on my toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment