Ra Ra Rachester!! I started my day bright and early. Well it was not really bright because it was still dark as Emma drove me to seminary but it certainly was early. After getting Elle off to school and getting ready for my big day my BFF Ann picked me up and she took me along on one of her great adventures as a John Marshall teacher. We joined about 400 people in St. Paul at the capital for Rochester Day. It was great fun and educational all at the same time! We got to listen to Gov. Pawlenty speak during our lunch as well as many legislators who represent our district in Rochester. The food was delish yummy, yummy (I even went off my diet for today, Ann told me to) but I will be dragon woman tomorrow. Our group of about 20 JM seniors had a great time taking a tour of the Minnesota History Museum we learned all kinds of things about the “Greatest Generation” and WWII. After our tour of that museum, we went back to the capital and had a tour of that building. I love things like that and found it fascinating. It was a beautiful building. After our tour we were taken to another building for food and music as we mingled with citizens and business people all from Rochester (one of them was my husband!!!) It was really a fun time. I really do enjoy being around teenagers and find their energy contagious. I had a wonderful day, thank you Ann!
I am grateful that I got to experience something new today.
St. Paul Minnesota State Capital (look at that beautiful blue sky)
What a great group of kids!
The purple group!
Good times with Ann!
No comments:
Post a Comment