christmas

Monday, February 22, 2010

More then a casserole

Can you believe this is the last week of Feb.?? I realize this because I find myself trying to do all 5 of my visiting teaching appointments this week before the end of the month. For those of you that may be reading this and are not Mormon, visiting teaching is a program in the church when 2 women are assigned to visit monthly with another woman and share a message of the gospel. This brings us closer together as we turn to one another in times of trials and challenges as well as sharing in our everyday mundane lives. Visiting teaching has been a great blessing in my life. I have forged friendships with people that otherwise I probably wouldn’t have gotten to know. I have had the opportunity to go into other woman’s homes and share their joys and sadness as well as having countless dinners brought to my home in many times of need. I have learned to love women by serving them and have been eternally grateful when others have served me. I don’t know of any other means in which I would have gotten to know the wonderful women old or young, rich or poor, naturally likeable or a little harder to learn to love if it wasn’t for visiting teaching. I love visiting teaching and I can’t wait to finish all my appointments this week!!

I am grateful for friends made through visiting teaching.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I envy you your dedication. I am a terrible visiting teacher:(