christmas

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

20 hours in a car....

I am finally home!  After 20 hours in a car with two farting kids, a son who gave me a play by play of WWII in both theaters as well as how we (USA) paid with money to support the war while Russia paid with blood.  (Russia had over 20 million deaths)  I also had one daughter that was either mad or sleeping for 19 of the 20 hour drive the other hour she was happy and eating 6 cinnamon rolls.  I also got to enjoy miles upon miles of rolling corn fields guess what state the corn fields were in.  I enjoyed miles upon miles of bugs being splattered on my windshield what state had that most bugs ending their life on my windshield?  I enjoyed miles upon miles of listening to a CD that my sister Allison made me.  It only had 5 songs on it and so I played it over and over until Tanner could take no more!  I also drove past exit after exit looking for a Super Sonic (when we were starving) because Rochester doesn't have one and we love Sonic.  I got to snuggle with Elle last night as we fell asleep in a big king size bed and watched a show on the history channel about WWII and when we dropped the atomic bomb on Japan that ended the war.  (It was very sad, why does there have to be war?? If you ask Tanner that question you better have 3 hours to listen.  That is the question that started our WWII lesson.)  I also got to think quietly about all the wonderful ways I get to serve others when I got home.  Over all my 20 hours in the car were great and entertaining (except for the farting of course).  I would do it all over again if I had Tanner and Elle as my companions.

I am grateful to arrive home safely to my other two favorite people Scott and Emma. 

P.S. I am also grateful for rest areas (Iowa and Nebraska have the cleanest I have ever used they have rest areas about every 45 miles but for some odd reason Wyoming doesn't have any!!  Well they had two in a 350 mile span and the two they had looked very scary!)

No comments: