christmas

Sunday, August 1, 2010

What is Love?

We love him because he first loved us.

My lesson was on the first great commandment.  I hope that each day I can grow in my love for my Heavenly Father and also in charity for all my brothers and sisters here on earth.

I am laying in bed right now watching a movie with Emma we are all snuggled up and Elle is texting me about how she just made cup cakes at Grandma's, Tanner is at my feet posting a blog of his own.  I feel like I have all three of my kids close to me.  My kids bring me such joy, I love to have them around me.  I don't know what I will do the day that my last one leaves to go out on her own.  It will be a sad day in my life.  But that is years away and I will not dwell on that day because even when they all are gone they never will ever be gone from my heart.

I am grateful for the testimony of a new convert from Uganda that was shared today.  Very humble and beautiful.  I will never forget it.  He asked the congregation if they would adopt him as their son even though he is a grown man of 50.  I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

TLeigh said...

That was a beautiful testimony. So sincere.

I feel the same way about my kiddies. I love having them around. :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thank you for sharing!