christmas

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dr. Dr. Give Me The News!

As I was working away at making my grocery list today (I haven't gone shopping since I got back from UT, I was told a rs president never has time to do her own grocery shopping when she is shopping for the rest of the ward, I am beginning to see how true that statement is!) I got a phone call from Scott.  He told me that my oldest daughter was sitting in his office with a cut on her leg that would require stitches.  So of course I had to drop everything (which was my grocery list) and went to pick her up and take her to the Doctor.  I did as I was told because Scott can get kinda anal about things like that and it is better to just do it then try to tell him he has never gone to medical school and it might not be as serious as it looks (he has been like that since Sept. 14, 1991 which is the day his first child was born and he has never been the same since).  I must say that I love this quality in him.  I know that when it comes to injuries and sicknesses in my children that I will always side on the side of going to the doctor so that Scott can feel better about his children's health and care.

Back to my story.  I happily took my daughter to the doctor.  When the doctor looked at the cut on her knee he told me that it could go either way....it would be fine without stitches and have a nasty scar or he could stitch it up and it would look much better.  As he left this decision up to Emma and I, I told her that I didn't mind scars and if she didn't mind it either then she could just leave it be or on the other hand if she thought it would bother her then she could have the stitches.  The doctor then left us to discus this.  Emma immediately said I don't mind the scar either mom...but what about Dad??  He will question you when you get home and say "Krys!, what were you thinking????  This needed stitches!)  As Emma, Elle and I sat there and laughed because of the way Emma said it in exactly the same tone of voice Scott would use we knew immediately that we were going to get the stitches so Scott would feel better about his daughters injury and also so we wouldn't have to hear about how the doctor didn't know what he was doing if we came home without stitches.

So tonight Emma has three stitches in her knee to help her heal and have beautiful legs that are scar less.  I guess I will try to get my shopping done tomorrow....for dinner tonight we ate Culvers (because we don't have any food in the house!)

I am grateful for Scott who cares so much about our kids well being (just for the record he has been right about taking the kids into the doctor more times then not!...I love his medical skills!)

Injury


red headed daughter


doctor putting a stitch in Emma's leg

                                        Can you guess who's leg belongs to Elle? Emma? Krys?

No comments: