christmas

Monday, August 9, 2010

Catching the Sun

Tanner and I got on the road at 8:00 (finally!)  I had to go to bed last night without finishing my packing and then this morning (I actually did get up at 5:30am) I had to run Tanner to a follow up wisdom teeth appointment before we got on the road.

So after 12 hours of driving we find ourselves in Laramie WY.  We drove through some beautiful country today (Tanner doesn't think so).  I love the rolling green hills and fields of corn of Iowa and the fields of sunflowers in Nebraska.  But the best part was driving into the sunset.  I do miss those awe inspiring sunsets that only the western states seem to make.  I felt as though I was racing after the sun trying not to let that last patch of golden sun leave me.  Finally it won out and there was nothing left to catch as it left its imprint on my heart and mind.

I am looking forward to only a 8 hour drive tomorrow and finally getting to see Elle!  What a great birthday present that will be!

I am grateful for our safe drive so far.





 

No comments: