christmas

Friday, August 6, 2010

The clock just keeps on ticking, even when you want time to stand still.

I am getting excited to take my trip out to Utah in a couple of days.  I always love seeing my sisters and hanging out and doing absolutely nothing!  This year Elle is already there and has been there now for more then two weeks.  I think she is tired of it and is wondering why she decided to go out there for 4 weeks anyway.
Emma has to stay here because she already took 3 weeks off this summer to go to Europe.  And because Scott is working his tail off it is just going to be Tanner and I driving out.  Tanner is going out to say goodbye to his Grandpa and Grandma because soon (in 5 months) he will be leaving to go on his mission for 2 years!! 
It is crazy how life just seems to keep going even though you feel like you should always be a 32 year old mom with a 10 year old son and 7 and 4 year old daughters!  I miss those days.  I remember the day Tanner told me that he only wanted to go to Colorado on his mission because he knew that wasn't to far away from his mom!!  (He was 5 years old when he said that to me).  Now he will be 19 in another month.  I am turning 41 in 4 days, Tanner lives in Hawaii and soon will leave for his mission, Emma is getting her drivers license in two weeks and Elle, well what can I say about Elle except she is one year away from stake dances and going to seminary!  Where has all the time gone?   Where are my babies?  Where is my wrinkle free skin?  Why do I have a thousand gray hairs?  Where is the crazy noise of 3 kids needing something at the same time?

I am grateful for the great memories of motherhood!

PS....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT.  I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: