christmas

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spoiled meat but not a spoiled dinner thanks to Scott

I am really tired tonight so I am not going to blog long.  I had a busy Sunday with meetings and preparing and Sunday stuff.  Sometimes there is so much stuff to do I forget to slow down and just feel what the Sabbath is for and to make matters worse we had the missionaries over for dinner tonight and I also invited an investigator over for the dinner.  By the time I got home from church it was 5:00 (meetings with Bishop and waiting for the investigator to have a meeting with the Bishop also)  The missionaries were suppose to be at my house at 5 to eat.  Scott had come home to get dinner going but disaster was about to strike.  I put a whole bunch of meat that I just bought at Sams in our fridge in the garage including the meat that I was going to use for our meal today.  Sadly the fridge stopped working this weekend (why?, we don't know!) I had about $100 worth of meat spoil.  So when I walked in the door Scott was a bit stressed to say the least.  All ended well though as we put together a hodge podge of a dinner to serve our guests.  I just need some time to unwind and relax...I will be going to bed shortly to do that and hopefully my day will be a little bit less stressful tomorrow.

I am grateful for a husband who is use to working in the kitchen under pressure (as the saying goes..if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen)

No comments: