christmas

Friday, January 22, 2010

Concert

I wanted to tell the story of the Rock Concert with pictures but I forgot to grab my camera out of the car and once I realized it I was to far away (only 30ft) to go back and get it. You wonder why 30 feet would be to far away, you wonder what could cause me not want to go back for it...well let me back up the story a little and then you might agree with me.

We (all Rochester and southeast Minnesotans and Wisconsinites) are experiencing a bit of dumb weather right now. It is not cold enough to snow but it is raining and then once it gets below 30 degrees all that rain is turning to ice making it very dangerous to drive, walk or do anything on the streets and sidewalks in town. This was no different in Lacrosse Wisconsin were the concert was.
We arrived in Lacrosse just as it was beginning to rain which by looking at my thermometer it wasn't going to be long before it was just ice. The girls were very anxious and a bit grouchy (understatement) that I wouldn't just drop them off at the venue while I went and checked into the hotel and parked (the hotel was only a block away from the concert). I told them no that we were all going together so we went to the hotel I got us checked in and then we just left everything in the car and started walking over to the concert on a sheet of ice!!!!! After 5 steps Elle fell flat on her butt. She was so angry that she wouldn't let anyone help her. Emma was mad too (we never were sure why) but Valeri and I weren't about to let the girls ruin our concert night dang it! The walk was very dangerous as we started out we could have used a pair of ice skates instead of shoes. It was not long before I realized that I had left the camera in the car I didn't dare tell the girls that I wanted to walk back the 30 feet to grab it nor did Valeri think it was safe to do so. We were very lucky to have gotten as far as we did without all 4 of us falling on our rear ends. (I have a huge fear of falling on my but ever since I fell 2 years ago in the shower and broke my tailbone).
Well we managed to arrive safely after walking like we were 90 year old women Valeri and I clinging to one another the whole time (really it was me clutching onto her she didn't have an option). As we went in I knew I was a little fish out of water because I didn't sport any tattoos or have a black t-shirt on instead I was wearing a really pretty blue shirt that matched my eyes...what was I thinking?
We will skip ahead to the concert...you all know I am a huge people watching fan! I loved it! The energy of all these crazy young kids and even some old people was incredible. I loved listening to the bands but my favorite part was watching Elle rock out to this crazy music. I think she is now officially hooked on concerts. The good thing about the concert is it put the girls back in a good mood as we all laughed on our walk back to the hotel and made fun of Elle falling on her butt on the trip to the concert (something we couldn't do before because she was so mad).

Once we got back to the hotel we decided to go out and grab a bite to eat as we were attempting to leave the parking lot in the car we just slid across the whole thing going sideways it was on a bit of a incline. We finally managed to get out of the parking lot and found a burger king not far away. We brought the food back to the hotel and had fun talking about the things that we are really afraid of. Valeri is terrified of spiders, Elle is afraid of dying by drowning, Emma is afraid of the ocean and I am afraid of heights. How about that for fears.

Overall the trip was great even though it started out rough it ended on a great note. I am so glad I had my friend Valeri to keep me company and that she can over look two teenage girls being teenage girls. It was a great bonding experience with the girls and I even enjoyed Elle's music. What more can a mom ask for?

I am grateful for good memories.

No comments: