christmas

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am blessed

My thoughts today bring me to realize how blessed my life truly is. I am saddened and heartbroken about the earthquake that has devastated Haiti. I can't even begin to comprehend the chaos and desperation that the people of that country must be enduring. We live a very blessed life as citizens of the United States. If disaster strikes we have to capabilities to overcome the challenges that we would face. We have faced many disasters in the last few years, Hurricane Katrina, wild fires in Ca., floods along the Mississippi, tornado's, acts of war and others and while some were more devastating then others the people of this country put their hearts into action to help relieve the suffering of those in need just as they do for millions of people around the world when they are in need. We can all do our part by trying to be better prepared ourselves and responsible for our own families then when others around us are in need we are better able to help our neighbors whether they live next door or even perhaps our neighbors in Haiti. After all aren't we all neighbors?

I am grateful that I live in this great country.

No comments: