christmas

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I call shotgun!

Last night I took the girls to Shopko to get a movie and when we were walking back to the car the girls started to fight about who was going to sit in the front seat. They ran to the car and were pushing each other trying to get the front door open. I realized that they were at the wrong car. I kept walking until I reach my car all the while listening to the girls argue over the front seat of the wrong car. I got in the car and then rolled down the window and yelled out to them asking them if they were going to fight over the front seat of the wrong car any more! Much to their embarrassment (as many people were in the parking lot watching them and laughing) they ran over to the correct car and hopped in. It was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess you had to be there! (BTW Emma got the front seat!)

I am thankful for Scott who was extra kind to me this week when I was sick, he did a great job taking care of things around the house. I love him.

1 comment:

T. Greer said...

Remember when Emma and I used to fight over the front seat? Dad would get so mad. But really, I think it is an authority thing - the younger sibling wants to show that they are old now, and the older sibling wants to show they are in charge. We stopped fighting once I started driving. Even when I was not in the front seat, Emma recognized that my place was up front. I imagine something similar will happen when Emma really gets behind the wheel.