The lady asked me what I was doing when I pulled my camera out and I replied that I wanted to take a picture of my package because I have a little blog and like to include pictures on it. She immediately and firmly told me “no, you can’t do that.”
I pleaded with her in only the way I do saying “Oh jeez! I just wanted to take a picture of my package, please let me do it” (with a great big smile).
She then replied “ I said no! Once you pay for your package and give it over to us it is no longer your property and it is against the law for you to take a picture of federal property”.
“Oh, really? I didn’t know that I won’t tell anyone if you let me do it” (at this point I didn’t want to give up, I don’t know why but it just made me want to do it more).
“NO you can not do that” (I was focusing my camera on the bin)
“Okay I won’t take a picture of the packages, only the bin that should be okay” (SNAP)
Needless to say I had a very upset woman wanting to confiscate my camera! I turned around and got out of the store as quickly as I could.
I am grateful for my camera!
Tanner's package is just on the top of the pile in the bin...I hope I don't get arrested for this!
I came straight home and took a picture of my mail (I hope it is not illegal).
1 comment:
Haha. You WOULD take a picture of the mail.
But if I had been in your shoes, I would have asked her what part of the legal code included this law, and what part of it allowed her to enforce it. If she could not come up with an answer.... then I would keep clicking away.
Post a Comment