christmas

Friday, March 5, 2010

And the Winner is....

I WON! I feel like I just won the lottery. But all I did is win the 2nd Ward Chili Cook Off. Last fall Scott and I went to a chili cook off fundraiser in the community that his chef from the Marriott had entered and I absolutely loved the chili he had prepared. Ever since then I knew that I wanted that recipe so I could enter our ward chili cook off. Scott has been asking the chef for the recipe ever since (at least a dozen times) and the chef has said no. I was so sad last night that I told Scott that I didn’t want to even go to the cook off any more if I couldn’t enter with that recipe. Scott was finally able to compel the chef to allow me to use his recipe as he emailed the recipe to me at 10am. The only problem was it was a recipe to prepare 16 gallons. It took me an hour to figure out the math to all the ingredients and pair it down to 2 gallons. After which I had to run to the store and buy half the ingredients. Finally, I got started at noon. It literally took me hours to prepare but in the end it was worth it!!!!! Have I mentioned I am so excited?? The sad part is Scott is fighting a bad head cold and so wasn’t able to go to the activity but he was with me in spirit.


I am grateful for Emma, Elle, and Scott believing in me and encouraging me to do something I wasn’t sure I could do!! JK…


I am grateful for Scott he didn’t give up on getting my recipe! Thanks honey!

Working hard ~dicing onions

There were tons of ingredients to my award winning recipe!

What's a win if you can't celebrate with friends and one shaggy haired daughter?

The Winners Trophy!!!!

No comments: