christmas

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dragon Woman can do it!

The correct answer is….I can see grass for the first time since November!! The person that said the snow is receding was correct :) and by the way it was 40 degrees today!

Today was a great day. I weigh in every Tuesday for the Biggest Loser contest and am now down 8lbs in two weeks!!!!!!!! My dragon willpower is working! Elle weighs in with me every week and she is down 2lbs from last week. Elle works out with me about 3 times a week. So if any of you are wondering what I am doing let me share. I have cut my calorie intake to about 1400 calories a day, which means I have 200 calories for breakfast. I usually have a piece of fruit and some toast or yogurt or a bowl of cereal. I have about 400 calories for lunch, which consists of a turkey, cheese, tomato and lettuce sandwich and some fruit. Then 700 calories for dinner usually I eat a regular meal I don’t take very much of the carbs and much larger portions of the veggies. I have cut out all sweets and unhealthy snack food like chips. Cutting out the sweets was the hardest part but after a few days I was fine. I don’t crave the sweets anymore. I feel so much better I am not getting heartburn anymore and that was becoming quite a problem for me. I also have much more energy during the day. Besides watching carefully what I eat (I write down daily what I eat and count calories) I have been working out every day for the last two weeks except for Sundays (I try to burn at least 300-400 calories during my workout). My knee feels much better and even my back hasn’t been giving me as much pain. I just feel better and I can’t wait until I reach my goal of losing 35lbs. I am sure even if I don’t win the money from the contest that I will have won because I will be much healthier.

I am grateful for the opportunity to go teach with the missionaries, it is always an adventure!

No comments: