christmas

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am inspired by....

I have been thinking. Oh no!..not thinking (Scott is saying to himself)! I see things during the day or hear words or sounds, quotes or songs that all inspire me. I want to share some of those with you now.
1. I am especially inspired by scripture. I love to read my scriptures (remember this is one of my goals for this year?) Well I have been doing rather well at it and the more I read the more I want to read! Imagine that…the more I want to read the better I want to be and the more I want to follow all of God’s commandments! It is a crazy cycle I know but I think I am becoming a better person for it!

2. I am inspired by songs in particular I love the song Because I Have Been Given Much. It helps remind me that I have much to share. I am so blessed to have all that I need and more. My favorite verse is the third. Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord, I’ll share thy love again according to thy word. I shall give love to those in need; I’ll show that love by word and deed: Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed. This song inspires me to be a better person.

3. I am inspired by Tanner. He is such a wonderful son. I admire him for his courage to live his life to the fullest with honesty I don’t think I know a more honest person. He knows how to be a great brother and he shows great compassion to others. I am a better person to be his mom!

4. I am inspired by beautiful sunsets. The most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen have been in Albuquerque New Mexico. The ground may have been a dull brown but the skies were vibrant with colors of orange, yellow, pink, purple, red and turquoise. I am a better person for seeing the beauty God created for us.

I could go on and on but I won’t. This is enough for today.
I am grateful for rain.  It is going to make my grass a beautiful green in about a month!
Tanner with his sisters in 2008

No comments: