christmas

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Miracle of the Day!

Elle cleaned her room today!! It is a miracle. She even cleaned out all her old clothes and the top of her dresser and desk. I am so impressed and speechless. This week I finally told her if she wasn’t going to put her clean clothes away after I washed them that she would have to do her own laundry. So she said okay. Well towards the end of the week she didn’t have any clean clothes to wear (I reminded her very kindly that she might want to do a load this week but no she wasn’t in the mood) Scott wanted to know why I wasn’t doing Elle’s laundry (it really bugs him when his kids are not wearing clean clothes) I had to explain to him that I was no longer willing to do her laundry because she was not willing to put them away once they were cleaned and that Elle agreed to this arrangement. I told him it would only take once or twice of going without clean clothes for her to figure out to either do her laundry or even better to just put her clean clothes away and I would be happy to do her laundry for her. We will see if Elle starts wearing dirty clothes, doing her own laundry or putting her clean clothes away after I do the laundry….what do you think will happen?

I am grateful for my crazy daughter Elle when she wants to be good she is so, so good but when she wants to be bad she is so, so bad! 

Elle's clean desk (yes this is clean for Elle's standards)
Elle and her friend Megan making jewlery on her clean bedroom floor!

No comments: