christmas

Friday, March 12, 2010

I am not an animal lover but we all know this.

Today was a good day. I went to Ann’s house to make scones and join her high school party (Emma told me Ann was the best teacher ever to host her students at her house for a karaoke party and she wished she had a teacher like her!) I left Emma at Ann’s to see if she could make a love connection without me being there. (I doubt she will, she is just to shy, but even so it is more difficult to make a connection when your mom is in the same room…good luck Emma)

I am getting ready to give away our gerbils. Allison would you mind if I sent you two gerbils in the mail to add to your collection? I hate them. They stink. I just told Scott that never again will I let my kids talk me into any other pet again! Ever. I hate to see all the dog poop outside my back door now that all the snow has melted and I know the girls will both have a tantrum when I tell them to go out and clean it up. I hate to sound heartless but I am not an animal person. Some people are, I am not. I would rather not have to deal with all the mess, smell, and hair that animals leave around everywhere they go. I don’t know where my girls get their love of animals because they didn’t learn it from me and I wouldn’t say Scott is an animal lover although he likes dogs. I dream of the day when I am animal free. Until then I will put up with it for my girls sake.

I am grateful for Sandy and Oreo (our two dogs) giving Emma and Elle comfort.


 
Emma and Elle with Oreo


Emma with her dog Sandy.


Elle and Sandy.

3 comments:

T. Greer said...

Oh, you know you like Sandy.

Al said...

Don't you dare send gerbils my way!! I too dream of the day that I will be animal free. Just last night I threatened to sell the dog...again.

Lauren said...

How can you be related to me! :) I don't know why my mom complains about the gerbils except for the stink and buying stuff, because I am the one who takes care of them ALL THE TIME. And I sleep in the same room as them! I don't mind!