christmas

Monday, August 23, 2010

Hole in My Heart

I had the blessing and privilege of helping a young woman as she went through a pregnancy over the last 6 months that ended in a beautiful and courageous way.  She made a choice that no mother should have to make but because of the love she has for this child she decided to place her baby for adoption.  I was there as it broke her heart into a million little pieces. I think it takes a very courageous person to do what she was able to do for her daughter.  Although it was heart wrenching to be a part of this woman's moment of despair I will never forget her ability to put this baby's life before her own as she placed her baby into my arms and asked me to take care of her.  I have a peace in my heart that our Heavenly Father will see that this choice baby goes to a family that will love her with a perfect love and this baby will bring this newly formed family more joy then can be measured.   I pray that some day she may know that her biological mother gave her all when she gave her to another. 

I am grateful for the comfort of the Holy Ghost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Krys, you are a wonderful person, you always have been.
Love, Tiffany

Tina said...

Oh, my... what a beautiful post this is, Krystine. Thank you for sharing this...