Today I woke up to 21 cups that needed hand washing (our dishwasher is stupid and I decided to start hand washing the glasses a few months ago). The problem with this is that I have asked my kids to use ONE glass a day instead of a bazillion! You would think that this is a simple request...1.get a glass out 2. use it 3. rinse it out 4. place it in a special spot so you can use this same glass again the next time you want a drink! My kids (each and everyone of them!! Jackson, Hannah, Emma and Elle) seem to get lost after step number 2! They are constantly doing step 1 and 2 but seem to be retarded as to step 3 and 4. What is a mother to do? I just made a new sign pleading with them to follow all 4 steps and then I decided to assign them all a special spot for their glasses to be when they are not using them. I will report back in a week and let you know if my kids are still retarded!
I am thankful for able hands and good health that allows me to wash dishes!
1 comment:
Hey Krys, we use color coded cups- that way the kids know which one is theirs and so do I :) If you have only one color cup, use a black sharpie to write their names. The kids are usually more responsible if they know they will named..... :)
Post a Comment