christmas

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

19 years ago!

I know, I pretty much dedicated yesterday's post to Tanner but guess what?  It happens to be his 19th birthday today!!  So I can't not write about him or I wouldn't be a good mom.  Now I happen to think that birthdays should be to honor the person that brought the child into mortality as well as the child that was born. I mean it is no small feat to give birth, right?  19 years ago today I experienced for the first time what pain really is!  19 years ago I thought (truly) that I might die!  19 years ago I didn't understand the words "now just breath Krystine, calm down and breath!"  (I really thought I was breathing and didn't know there was a better way of doing it!) 19 years ago I experienced the most wonderful feeling of "pure heavenly love" I have ever experienced and have only experienced 2 other times since.  19 years ago I felt like superwoman!  19 years ago I felt for the first time a burning sensation in a special area like none other, I am not sure I have words adequate enough to describe the feeling of having gasoline poured onto your special part of the body and then someone lighting a match (I think only those who deliver natural have such a special feeling and then not even all those who go natural feel such a special feeling...lucky me!)  19 years ago Tanner changed my life forever and I love him for it!

I am grateful for motherhood and all the joys and pains that come with it!

Tanner's birthday poster.  Candy from around the world!

Tanner's favorite, french toast!

This is how our mornings go with scripture reading...do you think any of it is sinking in???

Is Emma in there somewhere?

Out to dinner with the kids after they volunteered to babysit for enrichment meeting. 
 Wings can be very messy!

1 comment:

T. Greer said...

French toast is not my absolute favorite. Just my favorite thing when the choice is pancakes, German pancakes, and french toast.