Scott went out of town yesterday and so Elle and I got to snuggle in bed all night long. Elle has a tendency to lay right on my back. I use to love that about her when she was 3 but now that she is 13 and the same size as me it is rather uncomfortable. She is just so cute when she is sleeping though. She looks so dang innocent and sweet. But as soon as she gets up and the brain starts to move into action you never know what is going to come out of her mouth. Some days it is sweet and all syrupy and some days it is like vinegar. Today it was a mix of both. One minute she was happy and doing her work and the second I told her she had to do the dishes she became very vinegary. There is almost nothing she hates more then doing the dishes unless of course it is putting her clean clothes away. I feel like I am losing that battle with her. I am not sure if I can keep up with her telling me "NO, I will not put my clean clothes away, you have no right to tell me to do that, it is my room, why were you in my room anyway," I have decided that the next time that I ask her to do her room and she refuses I am going to take her phone away. There is nothing she hates more then to have her phone taken away! And speaking of phones!...Scott and I got online the other day and put restrictions on Emma and Elle's phones. They can't call out, receive calls or text from 10am-2:30pm or 10pm-7am unless it is to call mine or Scott's phone! Brilliant!!!! Why didn't I think of this before??? Someone told me last week that they do that with their kids phone and I thought lets do it! Elle is not happy at all with the restrictions but she knows all of the moaning and groaning will get her no where and Emma has just accepted it without complaint and because Emma has accepted it without complaint then Elle has stopped crying about it.
Today's school day was good. I think I am really going to love this new curriculum!! I don't have to do any planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only make sure that the girls are following through with their assignments!! They are really very good at staying on task. (I know, you are all saying "krys it is only day 3! I can't wait to see what she is blogging about in 3 months when reality of school has set in") I agree with you all. I hope and pray that day 99 is just as great as day 3.
I am grateful for the rain, the fall weather, Scott's safe return from his business trip to Wisconsin, and my great interesting, never a dull moment kids!
1 comment:
There is almost nothing she hates more then doing the dishes unless of course it is putting her clean clothes away.
And picking up the dog poo. Can't forget that one.
Post a Comment