christmas

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Clark Griswold Picture Day...say cheese..oh I mean diarrhea

Family Pictures...

I begged my kids last night to please be in a good mood for family pictures today.  Based on our experience from 2 years ago when we did family pictures and the two years before that, I thought I would prep them and let them know it is OK to be happy for family pictures instead of "acting" happy.  I am sure family pictures are one of those Clark Griswold moments when you want things to be perfect but nothing turns out the way you want it to. And I don't mean hoping no one has a huge cold sore, I mean I just want everyone to be in a photogenic mood or other words be okay with standing very close to a sibling or parent without it causing anyone to have seizures!  Do you think it is possible?????  Well it started out kind of shaky today but by the end of the photo shoot Elle had relaxed and I think she even enjoyed it.  I will have to let you all guess what pictures were taken at the beginning when Elle had her hornet armor on and which ones were taken at the end when she had finally decided that it was kind of fun.  I will post some of the photos tomorrow.  This will give you all a great reason to return to my blog tomorrow.

P.S.  I told Ann instead of saying cheese she should ask us to say diarrhea (that really got everyone laughing and relaxed for the pictures!)  I know I am really odd.

I am grateful for autumn!  I love living in a place with 4 distinct seasons.

No comments: