Oh the joys of teenagers! Elle has been butting heads with me this evening. All I did was ask her not to take her overflowing bowl of cereal out of the kitchen. This has caused some problems in our household tonight. It was a very simple nicely asked request on my part but Elle had already been disturbed. She is like a hornets nest. Fine if no one is hitting it with a bat. Tanner was the bat tonight. At dinner he said something she didn't like and the hornets came out with their stingers sharpened. I wish that she would just take a few deep breaths and relax sometimes but it is not her natural reaction to situations, instead she must be defiant and battle to the end no matter the damage that the battle creates.
I am grateful for Elle. She has helped me become a better person. I don't lose my temper with her half as much as I use to!
These were the good old days! When all I had to do was give Elle a hug and things would be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment