christmas

Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Funny Accent...Where are you from? Your accent is so different (countless people have asked me that question)

I just spent the last hour and a half on the couch with Emma, Tanner and Elle.  I love nights when I can just be with the kids in a relaxed kind of way.  We were way laid back...I trimmed Tanners toe nails, plucked Emma's eyebrows and cute her toe nails too and gave Emma a back massage while we talked about 100 different things one of the being my goofy accent.  The kids had made fun of my accent trying to get me to say deal and dill, heel and hill, and feel and fill.  Elle has seemed to be blessed with my accent because she couldn't say those words correctly either.  We also discussed how I use to sneak out of my house as a teenager and I hope that the kids know that they don't have to sneak out of the house to do things behind my back and that I really love and accept who they are.  Oh the other thing that Tanner and Elle decided was which character from Pride and Prejudice we all are most like.  Tanner and Elle just finished reading the book.  I am most like Jane because I don't understand why people wouldn't like me when I like everyone.  Tanner is most like Elizabeth's character because he can be judgemental like her.  Emma is most like Ms. Bingley because she is nice to every one's face but sometimes not so nice once they are gone.  Scott is most like Mr. Darcy's reformed self (at the end of the book when he becomes nice and does kind things).  Elle is just so unique there is not a character to describe any part of her personality.  Except I think she can be rather silly about boys so in that matter I think she is like Kitty and Lydia but only on that one matter.

I am grateful for this most amazingly beautiful perfect day.

No comments: