christmas

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tanner

Today Tanner had his Dr. visit to get a pass on going on his mission.  After walking like a duck the Dr. said he would give him the "A-OK".  This is a very exciting time in Tanner's life (and his parents) we have talked about this time since he was a toddler (I have actually thought about it since the time I found out we were having a boy).  But there was a time when Tanner never wanted to leave me and he finally decided that it might be okay to go on a mission if it was to Colorado (this was when we lived in Utah and he was 4 years old).  Now he is looking forward to perhaps going half way around the world.  I am so happy that Tanner has chosen to serve a mission even though I will miss him terribly while he is gone for 2 years.  I am very happy for the growth that will come to Tanner after being on his own for 2 years starting out as a 19 year old and I am happy for the many lives that Tanner has the opportunity to touch and influence as he preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  If you are curious as to what missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ do, invite one into your home the next time they knock on your door take the opportunity to listen to their message.  Or if you already know what they do then invite a set of missionaries over to your home for a meal.  They depend upon the kindness of the member's and nonmember's alike to eat dinner.  I hope Tanner is always fed a good meal whether it is beans and rice or a plate of tomatoes (Tanner's least favorite food) I will be grateful to those who help provide for him.

I am grateful for missionaries who put their life on hold for two years to serve the Lord.

No comments: