christmas

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I feel like I had a readathon with candy like I use to have in 3rd grade today.

Today has been a good day, an unusual day but good.  For starters I stayed up until 3:00am reading a great book called The Help.  I thought I would be able to sleep in today and have a little chance to catch up on some long needed good old fashioned sleeping in...but no Scott woke me up at 7:30am.  So much for my lazy morning of sleeping in.  After working out at the gym with Scott I told myself I was going to be really good today and not eat the bag of candy that I talked Emma and Tanner into buying for me last night.  But as I got settled into reading my book this morning I decided that I needed to finish off my bag of Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Swedish Fish, and Werthers.  I just sat in my chair all day long and read and ate candy and read some more and then ate some Doritos.  I had some things I needed to go do but then realized that I didn't have a car to go and do them.  It was kind of nice to not have a car and feel like I could just sit at home and read without feeling to much guilt.

Later in the evening I was able to go to the General RS meeting being televised at the Stake Center.  It was so nice hearing from the prophet.  His message was one of asking the women of the church to not be judgemental and have more charity.  I really enjoyed his message and felt like he was talking right to me. 

Quote from Mother Theresa:
"If you are judging others you are to busy to love them."

I am grateful for a living prophet.

No comments: