My day has been interesting. I borrowed my friend's kitchen aid (if my husband ever reads my blog? he should know that I would like a kitchen aid for myself, it would make a wonderful Christmas gift J.S.) I had a box full of zucchini that I accepted from my new home teacher (this is someone who visits our family once a month and is obligated to bring to my family any zucchini's from his garden that he will not use as well as a spiritual message, this is what all home teachers do just ask any Mormon you know and they will validate this comment, really!) I had 20 extremely large zucchini to shred up so I can make zucini bread all winter long. I actually made a batch of zucini bread tonight and it was so scrumptious I ate a whole loaf (they were mini loafs, just so you don't think I am gorging myself with zucini bread but still) before Scott and Emma got home from work. It was very enjoyable to do all that work and then eat the product of my hour of grinding up zucini.
This morning Tanner made me cry. Sad I know. I don't know why I felt so emotional. We (Tanner, Elle, Emma and me) were all eating breakfast together. We have been doing this all week long. It has been a very enjoyable time in the morning for me to fix the kids breakfast and have our announcements and read the scriptures. Well this morning we were going over a little bit of our Oct. activities because I am signing Tanner and Elle up for a social dance class together (they will be learning the waltz, fox trot and others) also Tanner is going to take a tango class and I am taking a class on how to care for chickens in the winter!! I will have to blog about this another day!!
I was telling the kids that they would be missing a class because we were going to be going on a surprise vacation the last week of Oct. Tanner started to get a little agitated that he would be missing a class and then he told me that he doesn't like our vacations anyways. Oh my gosh!!! I felt like a bowling ball dropped from out of the sky and landed right on my heart. SPLAT went my heart into a million little pieces. I know I was just extremely emotional about it and should not have been because I feel fine about it now but at that moment it shocked me. I started to cry (which I wish I wouldn't have) we were beginning to read our scriptures and so Emma had to read for me. Finally I was able to get control and Tanner has felt badly all day long (Tanner didn't see that coming and I think my tears surprised him as much as his comment surprised me.) He even called Scott and told him what happened because the second Scott walked in the door he asked me if one of my kids made me cry today. I was sure Emma had shared with him what had happened but he told me that Tanner had called him and told him what he said and how I reacted. Jeez, I feel like a big blabbering baby.
I feel fine now and don't even feel bad about any of it. It was just his opinion and I am sure he was frustrated that I wouldn't tell him where we were going to go because I like surprises and wanted it to be a huge surprise and last vacation with the whole family before Tanner leaves on his 2 year mission. Oh well I guess that's how life is...you never know when a bowling ball is going to drop from the sky and hit your heart.
I am grateful for Tanner. He has been trying to be so sweet to me today after our little break down, (I mean my little break down). I love him.
1 comment:
Mother, we have no room for a kitchen aid. Right now it is nothing but an eye sore (that looks like a torture machine) sitting in the middle of the kitchen. What would you do if we owned it?
Your crying was more justified than not. I was angry, not agitated, and said things in a mean and heated manner that overstepped my actual sentiment.
I did not call him; I texted him. Emma wouldn't tell Dad 'cuz she wouldn't want to bring the subject up again. She almost killed me for bringing it all out in the first place.
~Tanner
Post a Comment